Monday, February 13, 2012

Mojoe's is a go-go.

On the windiest Sunday in February, Maddie and I decided we would go to Mojoe's Burger Joint, located at 620 Glenwood Ave. at the Peace St. intersection. Mojoe's is probably the most unassuming, unpretentious burger place in all of Raleigh. 
When we got there we walked through the side/front door and sat ourselves. While the environment was super laid back - we were spoken to immediately and asked what we'd like to drink. We ordered our drinks and began to stare down at the one page, front and back, super detailed menu.
They had all kinds of different toppings and sides that you could add onto your burger to make it absolute heaven on a bun.
Even though the fried egg was TOTALLY tempting, true to form I stuck with the, from what I am hearing, not so crowd pleaser of mayo/ketchup/cheddar cheese ensemble. I built my own single burger and with that our burger and fries order was in!


Not so long after, the burger arrived - in all of it's glory.
Yeah, I know.
This burger was straight from the gods. This "single" burger consisted of 1/3 lb. of beef. The burger as a whole was quite big, if Maddie would not have been there, I would not  have cut it in half. This burger was seriously delicious. It was the perfect amount of taste and texture and cooked to honest to goodness perfection. I'm not the kind of girl that likes my burgers still mooing and this burger was definitely cooked all the way. It was the perfect burger, especially for the money. All in all it was around $8.00 with a tip. The staff was super friendly and refills galore! [Ya'll know I like when the staff is friendly.] To top it all of, the french fries were to die for. 
For emphasis.
By the end of the meal we were so full we didn't know what to do with ourselves. I asked Maddie what she thought and she said "I really liked the laid back atmosphere here and how helpful the waiters were." All in all Mojoe's was great. The food was good, the staff was friendly and the company was even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment