Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Player's Retreat - is a chill place to eat!

Monday afternoon Maddie and I headed over to the roundabout that connects Oberlin Road and Hillsborough Street and we stumbled upon the awesome bar that is Player's Retreat (located at 105 Oberlin Street).
Player's Retreat Facebook Page.
The place was pretty much empty but since it was such a pretty day, we sat outside. "There is no way I would sit inside on a day like today," said Maddie.
This is what the patio usually looks like.
Player's Retreat Facebook Page.
Our waiter came over to us almost immediately and we ordered two waters and two Bud Lights (STAT!). Since neither one of us had ever been to PR  we asked our server what was good and he said that "the burgers are great and I'm literally eating a turkey club sandwich as we speak." With his suggestions in mind, we had a pretty good idea as to what we were having for lunch.
Player's Retreat has a pretty extensive menu which includes "Lunch Meals under $6.00". At the very top of this menu - there it was "Cheeseburger - $5.95". The cheeseburger came with chips and I decided I'd upgrade to french fries.
In absolutely no time at all my burger was placed smack, dab in front of me.
The "Black Angus Beef: ground on site" that they boasted was insanely good. It was juicy and tender and bursting with flavor. This burger was huge, definitely a cut in half kind of thing. The bun was perfectly toasted and the french fries were totally crispy as well - just the way Maddie likes them! For a total of $8.10 - this burger adventure was a success.
My only advice is - DO NOT GET WATER. IT WILL NOT BE REFILLED.
Maddie insisted that I take this picture.
I would just stick to beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment