Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Village Draft House has a HUGE burger.

Village Draft House is located at 428 Daniels Street, right in the middle of Cameron Village. With about 20 different tables outside and the temperature in the mid 70's - Meaghan and I made the obvious decision and sat outside.
Photo Credit: VDH Facebook
I walked inside and the place was empty seeing as I was the first table of the day. The inside decor was very cozy with tons of seating and even more beers on tap.

Photo Credit: VDH Facebook
Our server was really nice and patient. I had never been to VDH before today but Meaghan had. When I asked her what she had had before she replied, "I've had their burger before and it was really good." With that being said, we both decided on the cheeseburger - hers: medium well with pepperjack and mine: well done with cheddar. Meaghan and I hadn't seen eachother in a very long time and we had just enough time to catch up before our burgers were placed in front of us.
This burger was HUGE. Probably the biggest burger I've blogged to date. For some reason, since Meaghan didn't cut hers in half - I didn't feel the need. I was wrong, I was so, so wrong - this burger should have been cut in half. Regardless of size, this burger was great. It was cooked exactly the way I wanted it. Cheddar cheese melted on top and in between the most perfectly toasted kaiser roll. My bill with tax was only $8.82 and with a tip this lunch was pretty affordable - all things considered. Between the price of the burger, the gorgeous weather and being able to catch up with an old friend all at the same time - this lunch was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment