Tuesday, April 17, 2012

THE GRILLTY AWARDS.

As this semester comes to a close I can't help but reflect on all of the different places I've adventured to and the amazing people I have met along the way. I have been introduced to the best of burgers and the worst of them and the great and not so great somewhere in between. This blog and I have had a good run but as all good things do, it is slowly but surely coming to an end (or so they say). For my last entry I want to hand out some (serious and not so serious) awards to my favorite and not so favorite places.

AWARDS:
Best Burger: Tir Na Nog (218 South Blount Street)
Hands down, this had to be the winner. This burger was the epitome of perfection.
Most Overrated Burger: Raleigh Times Bar (14 East Hargett Street)
Completely unacceptable service and their burger was absolutely NOTHING to write home about.
Best Service Ever: Brewmaster's (301 West Martin Street)
The place itself is so welcoming and comfortable that the great people just make it that much better. Do not just go for the burger, go for the atmosphere as well. (Amazing call, Jen)
Worst Service Ever: Player's Retreat (105 Oberlin Road)
I'm not sure what I expected out of someone that was so derpy (you're welcome, Maddie). My advice is to read the reviews/blogs on these places before you go.
Best French Fries On the Planet: MoJoe's (620 Glenwood Avenue)
Biggest Surprise: Only Burger (Centennial Campus - MOST Wednesdays 11:30-2p.m.)
Believe me, give Only Burger a chance to impress you. They WILL NOT let you down. I had a good friend of mine, Carter let me know that she was going to their restaurant in Durham. I almost immediately got a text from her saying that "THIS IS THE BEST BURGER I'VE EVER HAD."
Lamest Burger: Fat Daddy's (6201 Glenwood Avenue)
Do not believe the hype. This was my first stop and the reviews make this place sound like the Angus Barn. You've been warned.
Still MY FAVORITE: Five Guys (4120 Main at North Hills Street)

It means the world to me to know that my opinions, thoughts, jabs and experiences through this blog have reached as many people as they did. I wanted to thank all of you who read my blog religiously every Tuesday night for the last few months. 

Thanks for going on this adventure with me. (((:

No comments:

Post a Comment